Thursday, October 4, 2012

Name change

I just changed the name of the blog from "Shadow of the Moon" to Leanna Joyner.

May's Super Moon viewed from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Shadow of the Moon referenced my trail name "Moonshadow" that has been my alter-identity on long-distance trails, the Appalachian Trail and Pacific Crest Trail, and in trail circles for nearly ten years.

Maybe one day I'll write about how I got my trail name, how it stuck, and my general thoughts on trail names as part of the hiking subculture, but for now, suffice to say that this blog is an outward expression of myself in this world, as so it will be named.

There's another reason, too. When I started this blog I wasn't sure what my presence would be online. I was wary of identity theft, unsure of my posting frequency, or if anyone but friends and family would read it. I'm moving beyond the anonymity I one sought here to claim the voice and opinions that I share.

Thanks for sticking with me along this journey. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far and hope to bring you much, much more.

No comments: