Thursday, September 27, 2012

I've Got a Book!

I've been kind of low key (okay, almost silent) about the fact that I researched and wrote a book with the working title Hiking Through History for the Appalachian Trail Conservancy. It's time I open up.

The fact is, I was waiting for the big "reveal." I was waiting for the book to materialize from its long metamorphosis from digital manuscript to bound form to validate me, as a historian, writer, author. I was waiting to ask for your support once it came out, to invite me to speak, purchase my book, and spread the word.

But I'm really excited for it, and I want to make it a reality, soon (as in edits finalized, layout complete, printed, and in your hands).  

I just made my third presentation on the book. I've presented at UNCA-Asheville, the Madison County Geneological Society, and, tonight, the Franklin Library. I'm honing my presentation, and I'm owning the fact that I've written a book. I'm amped! I got home two hours ago, and I'm still running off the excitement of sharing the the Appalachian Trail and the history I discovered. 

So, let's do this, shall we?

If you are interested or may ever be interested in my book, sign up with your interest here so I can demonstrate interest and support. Together: you, me, the Appalachian Trail Conservancy, we'll make this a reality.

Thanks,
Leanna


No comments: