Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Two Glasses of Water and a Run

I haven't run since the Greer Half-Marathon on April 9, and I figured that I'd best take advantage of the sun this afternoon since I thought I heard a forecast for rain.

I downed two glasses of water, grabbed my camera and set out to capture sights that caught my eye.

From Run 2011, Apr20
I ran in to this guy at the top of my driveway.

From Run 2011, Apr20
The dogwoods in bloom I encountered on my way down my road lit up the dark curve in the road.

From Run 2011, Apr20
I thought I glimpsed a squirrel in the tree at first, but it didn't move enough. Upon a closer look, I saw it was a kitty in a pine.

From Run 2011, Apr20
The pastoral residents I most frequently talk to on my runs.

From Run 2011, Apr20
Pink dogwoods!

From Run 2011, Apr20
Main Street Mars Hill and Mars Hill Baptist Church.

From Run 2011, Apr20
I recently discovered this road and added it to my running route. It's beautiful along these Fields of Hope - an initiative by Mars Hill Baptist Church to organize volunteers to grow food for hungry people in Western North Carolina. In 2009 they harvested 42,000 pounds of vegetables!

From Run 2011, Apr20
Near the end of my run I was tired and struggling, but I was lucky to be coming off steep hill from Bailey on to Bruce Rd. when I spotted a brigade of young men from Mars Hill college running toward me. With about a half-mile to go and knowing they might continue on Bruce instead of turn on Bailey, I kept up my pace and pushed towards my "finish line" at my road. They overtook me in front of Carr's farm, but for a little while, at least, I was in the lead. I even got a "good job, girl" from the least shy of the group.

No comments: